Statcounter

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Update in Balad

Howdy!

That's how I greet people I meet here. Balad is the name of the place I'm in if you want to find it on a map of Iraq. The American name is Anaconda. Let's see, Greske moved out a week ago and I have slept well since then.

We have not had a Red Alert or a shelling in 4 days now. Eerie. Unreal. I told my near-miss tale to people who have been here forever and they yawned and said you get used to it. So no more worries about that.

I've just about settled into a routine. The weather has become pretty bearable. There is dust everywhere though. It gets everywhere. There is so little "light polution" here that at night you can see the stars so clearly, it's beautiful!

I got my haircut military style. $3 plus I threw in an equal tip. (Don't worry Tiffani, it will grow back)

And finally I got word through the grapevine that my last day/night here will be Saturday. Apparently Kirkuk is ready for me. We will fly out and spend the night in Tikrit, and then hop around until we land at my final destination. I rejoice in variety and although I hear it is pretty nice there, I wonder what it will be like to have permanent work, as it were.

So, pretty much a snoozer here this week for once! My new address will be slightly different.

APO AE 09392

Yup, that's it. If you already sent something, don't worry it will be forwarded...sooner or later. Please start sending all things to the new address. We'll pretend that I will actually get there, although you never know until you go. That is all, for now.

No comments: