Statcounter

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Stocking Stuffers

Hope you are having a very Merry Christmas! I am having a good time in Iraq, if not a time of luxury! (Contrary to my sister’s sentiments) I feel it a privilege and opportunity to be here--what a great experience! For Christmas we sent two (armored) boxes to the military and an armored windshield. Then the boys played a garage version of baseball with a slender wooden plank and a duck-tape ball while I studied and wrote my Sunday talk on the Birth of Christ. There is a steady rain and temperatures up around 45 or 50 (cold spell is over).

Christmas is just about over here, sort-of. Tomorrow after church I think the Mormons are going to hang out and sing some carols and watch a movie. They’re mostly from Idaho and Hawaii so I think the chances of there being food are pretty good. I’ll have to check it out, even though traversing through the mud is challenging if you don’t want to go to the laundry and shower right after. It has pretty much been raining steadily for 24 hours.

So here is a pic of "Ed" installing shields for the turrets and of the AoA (Add-on Armor) sign I made for the outside of the shop, before it was hung out there. Styro-foam, a little paint, and wham-0 we hung out a tile. Business is good.
Ernie

No comments: